6/01/2009

Ahh to be home!

Our first weekend home in nearly a month and it was just as wonderful as I imagined it would be.
Saturday morning cartoons with Daddy

Aside from Christopher being sick and snotty (poor guy) he was in great spirits so we took him for a little stroll on the "farm", as I like to call our yard, Saturday evening...
This pic makes me giggle--both of their faces are priceless!



Such a happy boy!



Christopher had himself a leeeeeeeeeeeeaf!


It was a lovely evening and we had lots fun looking at trees and birdies while pondering life and all things cosmically and comically bigger than us.

Sunday morning David got up with Chris for the morning bottle and let me sleep in--he's so awesome! Well I got up around 10:30 to get a bottle ready expecting that he would have left to go fishing while we slept, but he did not. He was waiting for us so that we could go on a little family fishing and picnic trip! It sounded like fun so we gave it a whirl. Unnnnnfortunately, we spent more time driving around the lake trying to find a good spot for him to fish that would give me and Chris a good shady spot to rest our tushies than we actually spent outside the car! Once we finally found a spot and got all settled and I think David did about 3 casts in 2 minutes before I hear this "YYYEeeeeehhghggh!"....my immediate thought: SNAKE! Aaaaaaaaaaaand I was right! There was one in the water swimming toward him and the banks before turning and heading away from us...but we promptly and swiftly packed up camp and hightailed it out of there. Plus, it was almost 90 degrees outside, so the baby wasn't going to last too long anyhow. But we give ourselves an A for effort anyway. In all the commotion though, we only had time to take 1 little snapshot of Christopher's first trip to the lake...


Anyhow, that pretty much sums up the highlights of the weekend.

No comments: