7/30/2010

My Ma has been Named!

After nearly 18 long months of dutifully spending her Thursdays with the Bear...my Ma finally has a name...GiGi. The name she wanted all along! :)  Christopher has named my dad, Papa..Poppa? You know...you get it.  He's been calling him Poppa for a few months now.  He knows him, he loves him, it's all very cute.  But when we would point to pictures of my ma and say "who's that?" we would get an inconsistent babble of garbled mess which was a clear indication that he just hadn't made up his mind yet.

Yesterday, I was pleased to hear a cute little GiGi come out of his mouth when we asked him who she was.  So now, Christopher has himself a GiGi, a Poppa, a Nani and a PaPaw.  I'm so glad that no one is just plain old Grandma or Grandpa.  I had those growing up just for sheer lack of imagination or presence of a grand-figure in my younger days that could be subjected to my toddler-like creative juices.  So congratulations, Ma...I mean, GiGi. ;)

OH, and by the way, you shall now and forever be referred to as my Ma.  Hope you like it! xoxox

No comments: