4/06/2009

Gummy Grins!

It's been a few weeks since I posted anything, so it's really more out of a sense of obligation than anything that I'm writing today...
So what's been going on? A whole lotta nothing! Christopher still pretty much sleeps most of the day, which is nice but does not allow me to be as productive as I would have thought! He very much likes to sleep on our chests, so I have to draw upon all of my stealthy ninja skills to lay him down during the day so that I can do anything other than hold him and watch bad daytime television. Rough, I know. ;)

He is growing very very well! He had a mini-check up at the doctor's office on 4/1 and he weighed in at a hefty 9lb 11oz, and was a lanky 21" long! My boy is just growing before my very eyes. He is 6 weeks old now, and he's just recently started smiling!!! I just LOVE those gummy grins! They're very elusive, but I managed to get a good one this past weekend...


We went to Norman this weekend--Christopher's cousins, Katie and Trace, had their birthday party on Sunday...his first big party! He was quite the party animal...in his dreams, I'm sure! The party was really fun and quite the ruckus when the present-opening ceremony launched, but Goo slept right through it. It was really impressive...I brag about my own sleeping skills on occasion, but I was put to shame.

We will be going back to Norman for Easter--he has a cute little "Baby's First Easter" outfit...complete with bunny faces on the feet of his pants and a fuzzy little bunny tail on the bum. Soooooo adorable!

David and I are doing well--we've got a pretty good schedule going, but I'll tell you what, whenever we have to deviate from it and either of us takes two or three consecutive feedings it's pretty brutal! I had one of those nights last night and I pretty much wanted to catch my hair on fire this morning when I had to get up for feeding #3. But ya know, whatever. That's why they make babies so cute, I've decided...it's hard to resent something so adorable, even at the expense of sleepytime.

2 comments:

Michelle Shults said...

Aww! He's getting so big. I wanna see Easter pics with the cotton-tailed bum! Glad things are going so well. We miss you!

Unknown said...

I read the easter outfit description and all I can see is Ralphie on Christmas.