4/16/2010

The Bedtime Monologues

There is absolutely nothing sweeter than a baby's voluntary kiss. ...which is of course, in Boo's case, still an open-mouth-that-sometimes-comes-with-tongue.  Love it!

Let's just recap how last night's bedtime routine went as the three of us climbed under covers, exhausted from the day.

Mama/Boo: Crawl under covers
Daddy: Hops in on top of covers, because he's still got chores to do! (I run a tight ship, what can I say?)
Boo: Starts kicking off covers and grunting...
Daddy: starts whispering "Hush Little Baby" lullaby...personally it drives me bonkers, but it's really sweet, and Boo usually listens intently, so I just block it out as best I can.
Boo: more grunting, kicking, flipping, flopping.

Now is where it gets kinda cute, so let's just speed things along, shall we?  It all went down like this:

Shhh...shhhhh.
grunt-kick-BUBBA?...
where's your Bubba?...here it is...
<> shhhhhh
Didi??...
Yes, that's mama's nose...shhhh
DiDIII?...
Yes...mama's eye...
Di?
Mama's other eyyyyyyye...shhhh.....shhhhh

SMACK! (this would be Boo's little palm smacking)...Mama's forrrrehead...shhhshhh...
*pop* Out goes the binky.....
Christopher then proceeds to lean toward me and open his mouth big and wide...**MWAH!!**
in goes the binky
Thank you!  Sweet boy....shhhhhh
*pop* Out goes the binky again....
grunt-shuffle-grunt Boo is now up on his knees and OOOOOph, heaving himself on to Mama....
And I get big ole wet smoochie #2!!  ...no lie, we sat there lip-locked for a good 5 seconds.  I'm giggling...David's trying not to be put out that I'm getting lovins and he's not.  Whatev.
Boo settles down and he and I drift off to SleepyTown.

This morning, David called TOTAL B.S. on the whole deal.  I could only smile; no use in trying to hide the fact that I am completely in love with that little bundle, and how it makes my heart soar to know that he loves me too.  I just think it's unbelievable how awesome that kid thinks I am.  I mean, really.
I read a saying somewhere "My husband won my heart, but my Son stole it".  Truer words may never have been spoken, or written, or whatever.

No comments: