4/14/2010

.....Thwarted!!...

Just as soon as I decide "this is IT, we're working on sleep training!!!", what does Boo do?  He starts cutting molars...ARG.  Poor little thing has been running fever, his nose is dripping like a leaky faucet, and he's so fussy. I can't kick the poor dear out of my bed right nowwwwwww....can I?  No.  No, no, I cannot.  Bad, mama, baaaad.

The past two...three?...nights Christopher has been wallering all over as he hits pains overnight, along with being h-o-t-t from the fever, and poor David just absolutely cannot sleep while Boo does that song and dance.  Me, oh I could sleep through anything, but not David.  Anyway, last night David finally threw in the towel and camped on the couch.  I felt bad for him, and bad for me that I didn't have any better reason to send him there other than "you'll get some sleep"...but that's just me. ;)  Sooo, there's that.  Hope my Boo feels better soon.

On a related but not really related note, let me share with you the KYOOTEST thing I've witnessed in a long time, won't you?  Monday night, David is giving Christopher a bath when he yells for me.  He says "sit here with him for a minute? I'll be right back..."..um, okay.  Anyway, he returns a couple of minutes later in his swim trunks.  Promptly hops in the tub with our boy and Christopher just squealed with delight!  Then David brings some water up to his face and scrubs and makes all kinds of racket, and again with the delightful squeals.  THENNNNNNNNNNN Christopher, through his giggles, brings his wittle hands up out of the water and covers his wittle eyes with them just like his daddy did.  Ugh, I could've just punched both of them, it was soooooo adorable.  We all just laughed and laughed....why do I not have the camera with me?!  Sigh...who knows?  But next time, I'll be sure to be prepared, because that was a Kodak moment if I ever saw one...

1 comment:

Michelle Shults said...

Aw, very sweet story. At least you've written it down even though you don't have a picture.