4/07/2010

Shame on me...shame on you?


It occurs to me from time to time that I actually *have* a blog, but obviously, the fleeting thought of "I should really update that" is about as far as this lady gets in the process. Sooooo shame on me. But if this blog is the only way that you keep up with the fam, then shame on YOUUUUU...but I'll fill you in anyhow. So here's what's gone down with my little Boo bear since ahem, last June.
  • He now has 10 teeth!
  • He walks...not only forward but backward!
  • He climbs!
  • He says mama, da-da, Bubba (this is his binky), doggie, kitty cat (ki-ka), ball...and maybe some others that I'm not thinking of right now?
  • He knows where his nose and eyes and bee-bite (belly-button) are.
  • He loves to swing and slide and spin....this little man will be a roller-coaster junkie...I can feel it in my bones!
  • He's had his first allergic reaction (I believe that a Bounce dryer-bar was the culprit) that landed us in the ER twice within a 12 hour period. Ugh.
  • He has developed and maintained a fondness for Mickey Mouse...he tries to say Mickey but it sounds like 'di-di' right now. It's cuuuuuuuuuute though!
  • Aaaaaand he turned ONE!

Here's what's gone down with me:
I finally graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaduated!!!! I got my Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from OU in December. I'm SO glad to be done with it. What do I plan to do with it, you ask? Probably nothing. At least not for now. I've got such a good thing going with work at the college that I can't bring myself to leave. So maybe someday I will sign on with DHS to do some good work, but for now, I'm staying put!

And David?
Not much has been going on with him. He is still working and loving what he does. He's putting away bad guys and getting drugs off the street--so he does good things.

And "US"?
Well, we've taken on the project of remodeling our kitchen this year! We're expanding the kitchen into the existing den (which is a converted garage) formerly known as the Man Cave. We've already made quite a bit of progress on it--we've moved the washer and dryer out further into the den, and put the refrigerator where the w/d once were. The next step is to pour concrete to level out the floor behind the existing kitchen wall...and then DEMOLITION BEGINS!!!! I cannot even tell you how excited I am to have that wall knocked out of the kitchen and to truly feel how big it is going to be. Hoping that will be all finished by the end of the summer....so that we can start working on a baby brother or sister for Christopher. Gasp! Yeah, I said it....TTC plans are in the lineup for some time after August. We'll just have to see how it goes...stay tuned for more on that front.

1 comment:

Michelle Shults said...

Glad to see your blog back!!!